No Blogs™

Friday, December 08, 2006

Procrastination is an artform

How does one create the ultimate beauty that is procrastination? Well here's an interesting story...

It started a week ago. I had a lab report, an essay (at the VERY minimum 8 pages) and an inclass test this week. I had plently of time to prepare, but who wanted to work when you just handed in a thick slab of paper on wednesday? So I told myself, I'll work on the weekend... but nooooo, I should have known better than attempt on trying working in weekends.

So a weekend of fun, fair enough, I still have monday, tuesday and wednesday to prepare for my lab thursday, and my paper and test friday. Monday came with a delightful e-mail from my Professor saying how the lab report is dued next monday instead of thursday. Wonderful news really, but on retrospect, it just made the situation more desperate. So tuesday came... a struggling day of trying to attempt to work, ended up with a full day of DSing. Wednesday... similar story. By thursday you figured it'd be finally time. So I decided to wake up early to work. Guess what, another attempt on trying to work. Plus I had a class that day from 5-8. I even got out of class early, but I sat around until 11ish. Took a shower, finally decided to try to work.

No dice. I was sleepy.
So I wasted more time debating between sleeping and coughing up the paper in less than 11 hours of time while preparing for the inclass test. Classic me act, really. By 3, I had nothing down on Microsoft Word, and I decided to power nap till 4:15.

Huge, huge mistake.
I woke up at 6:15ish. At this time I had about an 8:5 page to hour ratio. Still doable, I thought.

I shifted around the chair some more, and finally started typing at 7. By then it was a 8:4 ratio, which means I needed 2 pages per hours at least. Still doable, I thought.

I looked at the clock after some lax typing and shifting... it's now 8. I had one page of ridiculous nonsense done. so I'm down to 7:3, fair enough.

Look at the time now, it's now 9am and I have 1.5 page done. Assuming I can pull of the inhuman speed of 3 pages per hour I might stand a chance with this 6:2 page/time ratio. But hey! I'm still typing right now... on this blog. Meanwhile, the page/time ratio keep on increasing, like some kinda of gigantuan gaping blackhole.

This paper is going in late with a (hopefully) 20% penalty. Oh don't forget the inclass test too! It's realy Wunderbar. If I survive this son of a bitch course (Language impairment in developing children) I'll be tackling the Lab due on monday. Go me, I have mastered the most artistic way of fondling myself and leaving a mess - a.k.a. procrastination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home